CCTV surveillance is in operation 24 hours a day, covering all areas of the market, for your safety and security. The Data controller is Birmingham Wholesale Market company (BWMC), and all recorded data is kept securely by BWMC and our security team only. A request to view any personal data should be made to the BWMC office or security.
In the event of an emergency please speak to one of the tenants or contact security. In case of evacuation exit on foot by the nearest escape route which are all clearly marked and make your way to the emergency assembly point, which is at the top of the staff car park. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LEAVE IN YOUR VEHICLE— the roads must be clear for pedestrian escape and emergency vehicle access.
Some information about your visit
- It is highly recommended that everyone wears a high visibility vest on site, much of our trading takes place at night and even on a well-lit estate people need to be visible at all times.
- Forklift vehicles operate across the site, please take care in the external parts of the site and please do not walk in the forklift crossing lanes inside the market halls.
- Also, please be aware that forklifts do cross over the perimeter road, both to load customers vehicles and at one end of the site to go to tenant warehouses.
- The market road is a one-way system, and the speed limit is 10mph. Please obey the speed limit for the safety of all.
- No animals are allowed on site without permission of BWMC management
- The estate is fully covered by CCTV and the CCTV is monitored 24hours a day for your safety.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed within any building on the Wholesale Market Estate.
- Please put rubbish in the waste bins provided
- A map is available, see the panel on the right, with a printable version available.
- Please be aware that vehicles can be searched by our security team.
- No children under the age of 16 are allowed on site.
TAKE CARE – FORKLIFTS OPERATE EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE. DO NOT WALK IN FORKLIFT LANES.
Tour of the site
We can arrange a tour of the site for tenant clients, visitors and others; please contact the Birmingham Wholesale Market Company office on 0121 796 1291.