Birmingham Wholesale Market continue to work closely with Birmingham City Council to monitor the global Coronavirus situation and prepare for any escalation.
Initial tests suggest the virus can be passed from human to human. In the same way you’d protect against flu and other nasty bugs, it’s important to practise good hygiene. Make sure you:
- Wash hands regularly with warm water and soap, especially before handling and consuming food.
- Cough and sneeze into tissues, then put them in the bin. Don’t leave them lying around. If you haven’t got a tissue, cover your mouth when you cough.
- Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth, as these areas are prime gateways for germs to enter the body.
- Avoid sharing personal items with others.
Please contact us if you have any queries.