The Data Protection Officer ensures that all personal data kept by the business, whether for current or archive purposes, is kept securely and with due regard to best current practice in terms of IT and physical security, and to guard so far as is possible against unauthorised access to such data.
What information do we collect about you?
At Birmingham Wholesale Market Company, we are deemed as the ‘controller’ of any personal data that you supply to us. We collect information when you voluntarily complete any of the contact / enquiry / request for information forms on our website, all of which include consent statements for you to complete.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to help with enquiries and any works we may be undertaking for you.
Birmingham Wholesale Market Company will not share your information for marketing purposes with any companies outside of the Birmingham Wholesale Market Company. We never sell, swap or rent your personal data to any other organisations.
Occasionally we would like to send you information about products and services of ours, which may be of interest to you. We will only do so where you have consented to receive information. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
The cookies we use on our website are to anonymously store session information about your visit if you have logged onto the website and for Google Analytics to give us analytical information about the website’s use.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Storing your information
We hold your information securely on computers using modern software that is kept up to date and backed up. We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information supplied to us. Access to Personal Data is limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security measures are put in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of Personal Data under our control.
There will be an annual review to evaluate whether and to what extent such data can be safely and securely deleted in accordance with the following time scales. Data cleansing shall be considered under the following categories:
- Financial data shall be retained for seven years;
- Marketing data where such data does not relate to a current client of the business shall be retained for two years following the most recent engagement with the client or prospect. For these purposes engagement shall mean some activity that denotes a willingness on the part of the data subject to continue to receive marketing communications, for example specific opt in, continuing to open and engage with email messages where the business is able to track such action, contacting the business to enter or continue with discussions relating to possible future business dealings;.
- Potential employee data where such individual does not become an employee of the business shall be retained for one year from the date of last contact with the individual;
- Employee data shall be kept for seven years. Thereafter such data shall be minimised so that what is retained includes only the following: name, address, dates of employment, roles in which employed, main place(s) of work;
- Client and supplier data shall be kept indefinitely so that the business can protect its legitimate Interests in the event of future legal action. BWMC will annually assess the requirement for continued retention of client and supplier personal data.
We will review on an annual basis whether we should continue to store your Personal Data and if it is not to be retained, will dispose of it securely and record the details of such disposal.
How to contact us
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Birmingham Wholesale Market Company, Unit 7, The Hub, Nobel Way, Birmingham, B6 7EU.
You need to provide the following forms of ID when requesting your data: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months.
If you wish to complain about how your personal data is being processed, please write to the Birmingham Wholesale Market company General Manager at the above address
If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office; Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or go to ico.org.uk.