Despite concern over the Covid-19 pandemic, the market continues to operate as normal for BUSINESS USERS ONLY. The Market is not open to the General Public and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Birmingham Wholesale Market Company Ltd understands the high importance of keeping the fresh produce supply chain open to the West Midlands and wider public
We continue to monitor available guidance and working with our partners to ensure the market continues to operate safely, allowing businesses here to trade effectively.
We thank you for your continued custom at this difficult time.
Birmingham Wholesale Market continue to work closely with Birmingham City Council to monitor the global Coronavirus situation and prepare for any escalation.
Initial tests suggest the virus can be passed from human to human. In the same way you’d protect against flu and other nasty bugs, it’s important to practise good hygiene. Make sure you:
- Wash hands regularly with warm water and soap, especially before handling and consuming food.
- Cough and sneeze into tissues, then put them in the bin. Don’t leave them lying around. If you haven’t got a tissue, cover your mouth when you cough.
- Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth, as these areas are prime gateways for germs to enter the body.
- Avoid sharing personal items with others.
Please contact us if you have any queries.